from St. John's Methodist Church,
Order of Service
Hymn, How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds (M.H.B. 99, A. and M. 176. Tune, St. Magnus)
The Lord's Prayer (chanted)
Hymn, Jesu, Thou joy of loving hearts
(M.H.B. 109, A. and M. 190. Tune, Duke Street)
Lesson, St. Luke ix, 28-36
Anthem, The Closer Walk (Nichol)
Address by the Rev. A. R. MARTIN
Hymn, Thine for ever ! God of Love !
(M.H.B. 569, A. and M. 280. Tune, Northop Hall)
Organist and Choirmaster,
S. H. GARRATT
St. John's is the oldest Free Church in Connah's Quay. The present church was opened in 1884, the old one being too small to meet (the needs of the steadily growing congregation, which was composed in those days almost entirely of sea-faring and fishing folk. Now the sea-farers have largely given place to steel workers.
Rev. A. R.
An Appeal on behalf of the NORTH WALES SOCIETY FOR THE BLIND
(Registered under the Blind Persons
Act, 1920) by Sir WILLIAM VINCENT ,
The North Wales Society for the Blind has laboured for fifty-four years for the welfare of the blind of North Wales. Its present area comprises the counties of Anglesey, Caernarvon, Merioneth, Montgomery, and the Western districts of Denbigh and Flint. It has the care of over eight hundred and fifty blind persons, and it aims at improving the conditions of the blind and at assisting them in recovering from their great handicap in life.
The blind are sought out and visited in their homes, taught to read, and supplied with books in raised type, Moon and Braille. Home workers are assisted in selling their goods, and the aged and infirm are given clothing, food and coal. The blind workers work in their own homes, and all the blind are regularly visited by competent home teachers of long experience.
Contributions will be gratefully acknowledged and should be addressed to [address removed]
including Weather Forecast
G. K. Chesterton
The poems chosen and the Prologue composed by HUMBERT WOLFE
Produced by VAL GIELGUD
ALBERT SAMMONS (violin)
WILLIAM MURDOCH (pianoforte)
with DON CARLOS (tenor)