THE WIRELESS MALE VOICE CHORUS Conducted by STANFORD ROBINSON
At the Pianoforte, ERNEST LUSH
Down in Demerara
Ned Bonnie wee thing
Ching a ling'ling and the Spanish guitar Kingdom coming
Clementina Little brown jug My bonnie
The three crows
A Sequence over a century and a half of dance and ballroom scenes taken from the German of HERMYNIA ZUR MUHLEN with an extra scene by JOHN WATT 'The dance is a mirror of the times' - Social Historian
1. A Prison in Paris, 1792
2. A Ballroom in Darlington, September 27, 1825
3. A Ballroom in the Czartoryski Palace, Warsaw, November 28, 1830
4. A Ballroom in a Manufacturer's Hall, Halifax, June 29, 1838.
5. A Ballroom in the house of a rich Paris Merchant, 1868
6. A Castle on the property of Count Marawjew, in the neighbourhood of St. Petersburg, Autumn, 1884
7. Parlour of an Inn in the Tyrolean mountains, June 28, 1914
8. Dance Joint in Harlem, New York, 1923
9. Dance Marathon in San Francisco, 1931
Adapted and Produced by E. A. HANDING and VAL GIELGUD
There are more than 5 million programme listings in Genome. This is a
historical record of the planned output and the BBC services of any
given time. It should be viewed in this context and with the
understanding that it reflects the attitudes and standards of its time
- not those of today.
To read scans of the Radio Times magazines from the 1920s, 30s, 40s and
50s, you can navigate by issue.
Genome is a digitised version of the Radio Times from 1923 to 2009 and
is made available for internal research purposes only. You will need to
obtain the relevant third party permissions for any use, including use in
programmes, online etc.
This internal version of Genome, which includes all the magazine covers,
images and articles as well as the programme listings from the Radio
Times, is different to the version of BBC Genome that is available
externally/to the public. It is only available inside the BBC network.