Light Music by the Wireless Orchestra, Conducted by Dan Godfrey , Junr.
Songs by Gwen Godfrey (Soprano).
"Parliamentary Bills Affecting Women and Children," by a Non-Party Woman.
"A General Tour of Wembley," by Constance Coventry.
Song, Story and Chorus arranged for Broadcasting by Percy Merriman, and Presented by The Roosters Concert Party.
Assisted by The Wireless Orchestra, conducted by Dan Godfrey, Junr.
A. - BLIGHTY
1. Reveille - Physical Jerks and Cookhouse.
2. " Fall In ! " The Sergeant-Major has his Innings. Song, " The Company Sergeant-Major " (Sanderson).
3. A Route March. Songs on the Road, " Tipperary," " Farmer's Boy," " John Brown's Knapsack," " Poor Old Joe ," etc.
4. Kit Inspection - An Original "Roosters" Burlesque.
5. Rest Time. A few Army Jokes and a Glossary of Army Slang.
6. In a Y.M.O.A. Tent - A Typical Concert.
7. " Last Post " and " Lights Out."
B. - ACTIVE SERVICE.
1. France - Scenes from the Trenches.
2. The Italian Front.
3. The Eastern Campaign.
4. A " Roosters" Sketch - " Sick Parade."
5. Letters Up.
6. Blighty Again.
Song, story and chorus arranged for broadcasting by:
The Roosters Concert
S.B. to all Stations.
The Week's Work in the Garden by The Royal Horticultural Society. S.B. to other Stations.
Prof. A. J. Ireland on " Wellington and Napoleon at Waterloo." S.B. to other Stations.
There are more than 5 million programme listings in Genome. This is a
historical record of the planned output and the BBC services of any
given time. It should be viewed in this context and with the
understanding that it reflects the attitudes and standards of its time
- not those of today.
Genome is a digitised version of the Radio Times from 1923 to 2009 and
is made available for internal research purposes only. You will need to
obtain the relevant third party permissions for any use, including use in
programmes, online etc.
This internal version of Genome, which includes all the magazine covers,
images and articles as well as the programme listings from the Radio
Times, is different to the version of BBC Genome that is available
externally/to the public. It is only available inside the BBC network.