A Romantic Light Opera in Two Acts.
S.B. to other Stations.
Book by F. R. Bell
Lyrics by Harold Ellis.
Music by W. H. Bullock
Produced and Conducted by L. Stanton Jefferies
The Augmented Wireless Orchestra
Act I. - Before the Terrace at Lovel Court near York.
A May Afternoon, 1720.
1. Introduction and Opening Chorus
(Rustics) ..........."Fill Up the Can"
2. Ballad (Lady Level and Chorus)
*' the Legend of the Levels "
3. Song (Sir Harry) .."My Lady Disdain"
4. Duet (Sir Jeffrey and Obadiah)
"The Villains of the Piece"
5. Chorus (Girls) and Song (Isabel)
"The Fortune Shop"
6. Entrance of Grenadiers (Solo, Sergeant, and Chorus of Rustics)
"With Tootling Fifes"
7. Ensemble "The Governor's Bodyguard"
8. Song (Governor and Chorus) '
"The Governor of York"
8a. Exit of Chorus .."Come, Then, Lasses"
9. Song (O'Neill, with Isaac)
10. Duet (Bess and Sir Harry)
"When a Man Would Woo"
11. Song (Bess) ...."The Magic of May"
12. Chorus (Solo, Solomon)
"Lads and Lasses, Here's Frivolity"
13. Finale (Act 1.):-
(a) Song (O'NeilI and Chorus)
(b) Recits. and Ensemble
"One Moment, Pray"
Act II.- Outside the "Lovet Arms."
Scene 1.- The Same Evening.
14. Chorus (Rustics)
"Here's a Source of Joy Ecstatical"
15. Trio (Sophy, Sergeant, Solomon)
"A Military Life"
16. Song (Governor and Grenadiers)
"Guard, Turn Out!"
17. Scena (Isabel and Chorus)
"The Little Witch"
18. Trio (Sir Jeffrey, Diggory, and Obadiah)
19. Song (Sir Harry, with Bess, Isabel, and O'Neill)
"Life and Love"
20. Quartette (Bess, Lady Level, Sir Harry, O'Neill)
"Let Us Raise a Tuneful Measure"
21. Ensemble (Bess, O'Neill, Governor, Sergeant, and Chorus)
"When the Roundshot Goes a-Flying"
The Augmented Wireless
Sir Harry Lovel, of Lovel Court:
Sir Jeffrey Digby, bart., his uncle/Solomon Smug, head watchman:
Major General Mannering, Governor of York (sung and spoken):
Sergeant Mustard, of the Grenadier Guards/Diggory, steward at Lovel Court:
Obadiah Blunt, a notary/Old John Braddlum, host of the "Lovel Arms"/Doctor Flute, organist at York Minster:
Gaffer Jarge, the oldest inhabitant/Dennis O'Neill, a highwayman:
Lady Lovel, Sir Harry's mother:
Bess Mannering, the Governor's daughter/Prue, a serving maid:
Peggy, a serving maid/Sophy, Bess's maid and Solomon's daughter:
An old apple woman/Isabel, a gypsy girl:
Rustics (minxes and bumpkins) and Grenadier Guards: